SERVICES: BER Assessment
What is a BER?
A Building Energy Rating is a label, not unlike the efficiency rating given to white appliances such as fridges, freezers, and washing machines. A BER displays the energy rating of a property. The BER is described in the form of performance bands, 'A' being the most energy efficient to 'G' being the least energy efficient.
When is BER legally required?
- Since the 1st of January 2007, all new homes for which planning permission has been applied for must have a BER.
- 1 July 2008 BER's will be required for new non-domestic buildings offered for sale or rent.
- 1 January 2009 BER's will be required for any existing buildings offered for sale or letting.
The consequence of not having a BER assessment done on your home is a maximum fine of up to €5,000!
How can I improve my BER?
The building energy rating certificate that Arnie Services Ltd can provide will be accompanied by an advisory report. This will outline the recommendations of the Arnie Services Ltd in order to improve the energy efficiency of your property.
Some of the recommendations that Arnie Services may suggest are:
- increasing the insulation in walls/attic/floors.
- installing energy efficient windows/doors.
- replace an old or inefficient boiler with a more efficient boiler.
- installing modern heating control systems.
- installing a number of renewable energy heating systems.
- insulating the hot water cylinder and pipe work
For more information or to have one of our consultants call to your home call 086 348 4991
Building Energy Rating Cert - Click to enlarge